The core features of this app are driven by what I would like to be able to do with the recipes I cook and the mobile devices I own. They are primarily:
- Record what I want to cook.
- Easily note down modifications.
- Attach photographs where I need to.
- Copy them somewhere safe.
- Share them with others in a flexible way.
- Find other recipes easily and be able to modify those recipes.
- Create/Edit your own Categories.
- Manage imported categories with merge and delete functions.
- Create/Edit recipes.
- Illustrate any step with a photo from the library or the camera.
- Photographs taken with the camera are copied to the library and not stuck inside software.
- Email the category to somebody else from its view.
- Manage multiple recipes at once with Delete/Move and Send functions.
- Send as PDF.*
- Document support, where supported in iOS.*
- Search function, this will remove the immutable 'All' category.*
- Simple version support.
- Upload your recipes and search for others.
Items marked with a * will appear in the next few updates, PDF support is already implemented and in testing for example. Simple version support is a necessary minor update to allow easier management of your recipes. If you edit a recipe on your iPhone and email it to yourself, when opened on the iPad this would be a duplicate recipe. The update is to address that issue, however if you email a friend and they edit the recipe and email it back it would then be their recipe and imported anew. Some edits will change the recipe to a completely new one for ease of use, for example the recipe name. This is a major step towards supporting the planned upload features.
The search function and upload functions will be along later, the upload function needs server side coding to be completed although the recipe file format has been chosen with that in mind, it's a JSON object.
If you have any comments, suggestions or questions please feel free to go to the support section.